About the society
The European Society of Medical Imaging Informatics (EuSoMII) is a non-profit healthcare organization that aims to connect radiologists, radiology residents, data scientists and informatics experts, also welcoming other specialties that use imaging such as pathology, dermatology and ophtalmology.
Medical Imaging Informatics is a broad field ranging from department workflow systems (i.e. HIS, RIS and PACS) and interoperability and standards (e.g. IHE, DICOM, FHIR, HL7) to structured reporting and 3D-printing.
More recently, artificial intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and blockchain also became part of this domain.
IT-tools that that are successfully applied in other fields might be implemented in radiology as well, while ensuring patient safety and added value to the system as a whole through high quality research.
Therefore, knowledge and experiences needs to be centralized and shared.
EuSoMII provides its members and the radiological community with up-to-date information on the latest innovations and achievements in medical imaging informatics and AI by supporting education, research and events related to the top-tier software in radiology.
The next generation of radiologists will be indispensable for utilization of AI in medical imaging. They will ensure sustainable and ethical healthcare in radiology, and will achieve happiness and personal fulfilment in their profession. Our mission is to educate and inspire the generations to come.
Members just starting their career are actively encouraged to engage in the community and take part in the societies projects. They can do so by becoming a member and join the recently established EuSoMII Young Club.
EuSoMII is an institutional member of the European Society of Radiology (ESR).
For further info please contact Ms. Paola Rinaldi at email@example.com
“AI isn’t going to replace radiologists, but radiologists who use AI will replace radiologists who don’t”
Become a member
Take advantage of the benefits of the EuSoMII membership:
Educate yourself to become a better healthcare professional or scientist
• Stay abreast of groundbreaking changes in imaging informatics and AI
• Improve your knowlegde in an effortless manner through high-quality content selected by those relevant to the field, suitable to all levels
• Live interactive webinars, as well as past webinars ‘on-demand’
Augment your network efficiently
• Improve your network with fellow imaging informatics passionates through our online platform
• Get in touch with experts in the field
•Get the opportunity to participate in committees as an active member
•Get access to the EuSoMII Young Club
• Reduced fees for the EuSoMII Annual Meetings
• Full-featured electronic newsletters
• Support education and training in radiology and imaging informatics
Latest public news
- EuSoMII General Assembly and Elections AnnouncementEuSoMII announces the General Assembly to be held virtually on March 8, 2021 7PM CET. Elections will be held online from 12 to [...]Read more