FREE EuSoMII WEBINAR OF THE MONTH!
“MR quantification of hepatic fat and iron: how does it works in practice?” by Manuela França MD, PhD
18th April 2019 6PM CET
Register for free at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bbJEF2g6QBGn8V8-Ml9UZA
TOPIC: “MR quantification of hepatic fat and iron: how does it works in practice?”
1. To become familiar with the different acquisition techniques allowing measurement of fat and iron with MRI.
2. To learn about the limitations of different MRI quantification methods.
3. To understand the role of MRI in different clinical scenario of hepatic fat and iron overload.
In this webinar, MR imaging techniques for quantification of hepatic fat and iron will be presented, discussing the acquisition protocols as well as their main advantages and limitations. Furthermore, their role in the management of different diffuse liver diseases and overload disorders will be highlighted with clinical cases.
Manuela França, MD PhD
– Head of Radiology Department, at Centro Hospitalar Universitário do Porto
– Professor of Radiology, Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas de Abel Salazar, University of Porto
– Investigator at i3S-Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde, University of
– Doctor degree (PhD) in Medical Sciences, at Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas de Abel Salazar, University of Porto, with the Thesis entitled “MR imaging biomarkers in diffuse liver disorders: quantification of fat, water and iron deposits” – approved with distinction
– Professional Radiology Societies:
Member of the European Society of Radiology (ESR).
Fellow of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR).
Coordinator of Abdominal and Gastrointestinal Imaging Section of the Portuguese Society of Radiology (Sociedade Portuguesa de Radiologia e Medicina Nuclear – SPRMN)
Honorary member of the Sociedad Española de Diagnóstico por Imagen del Abdomen (SEDIA)
– Editor Assistant of the Acta Radiologica Portuguesa.
– Author of 12 publications in indexed journals and 2 book chapters.